Saturday 13 November 2010

Leaves

It won't be long until the trees are completely bare,
so to make the most of the autumn colours we went for a walk near Banchory last Sunday, kicking up leaves and enjoying the beauty of it all.

We started at Milton of Crathes and walked along the leaf strewn path to the grounds of Crathes Castle.

It was blooming cold, so we had to walk quickly to keep warm!!


Kirsty collected leaves of various shapes, sizes and colours.  When we got home she carefully positioned them in the flower press that my dad made for me when I was a little girl.

A beautiful array of leaves also arrived at Starfish Studio this week.  Eleanor Caie's stunning Raku bowls, jewellery and decorative leaves are now available in the shop. 

The colours in these pieces are just as varied and interesting as the autumn trees I love so much.
 

Brooch made with a real
raspberry leaf.


 To view earlier blog entries please click here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog.
I love receiving your comments :)