Before Christmas I spotted these card hexagons in a craft shop. They immediately reminded me of the very little sewing I was taught at secondary school when we made a small patchwork purse. I bought them on impulse and then had a think about how to use them. I have a bit of a thing about bumble bees and I've wanted to make some bee themed textile art for ages. So, naturally, hexagons = honeycomb!
I chose cotton in lovely bright oranges & yellows and really enjoyed using the techniques I learned in about 1982 - and hadn't used since!
I made two flowers by needlefelting all kinds of interesting fibres to a piece of felt, stitching it into a flower shape and adding seed beads to the centre.
This piece involved a lot of hand stitching, although I used my machine to sew the patchwork and greenery on to the black background. Et voila...